The Department of Pharmacy Technician is a newly mounted program in the university, under the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology. The programme was introduced in the 2014/2015 academic year with a student population of 45. Students are trained to become Professional Dispensing Practice (Pharmaceutical Technologists).
The vision of the Department of Pharmacy Technician to be recognized as a premier centre of excellence in teaching, research, professional and entrepreneurial training in dispensing technology in Brong Ahafo in particular, and Ghana as a whole
The mission is to train students to acquire the skills for quality dispensing practice and impact positively on health care delivery through learning and research as well as professional development.
- The main objectives of the Department are;
- To train students to acquire the skill for quality dispensing.
- To train students to acquire entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide opportunity for the Diploma holders to advance to the status of a pharmacist.
The Department currently runs the HND Pharmacy Technician programme which provide skills and knowledge, required to successfully work on dispensing practice.
Target Groups for Programme
N/B: (science background with chemistry as major requisite)
Our graduates will find employment in several areas that contribute to the national development of which areas are:
- Government hospitals, Private hospitals, clinics
- Community pharmacies
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Education institution
- Non-governmental organizations
- Dispensing/manufacturing laboratory and chemistry laboratory
The Department is working towards the mounting of the following Bachelor of Technology programmes:
- B. Tech. Pharmacy Technology
- B. Tech. Physician Assistant (Community Medicine)
- B. Tech. Medical Physiology
- B. Tech. Sonographer/X-Ray
- B. Tech. Physiotherapy
- B. Tech. Medical Laboratory Technician