(+233) 3520 - 27052 / 24924  ||  P. O. Box 206, Sunyani  ||  enquiries@stu.edu.gh



Arrival and Registration of Courses
Second Semester 2019



Lectures Begin
Second Semester 2019



Re-Sit Examinations
Second Semester 2019



Mid-Semester Examinations
Second Semester 2019

Nov 16, 2018 293times

23rd Matriculation of STU

“The Sunyani Technical University is appealing to government for financial clearance to employ additional staff to facilitate the smooth running of new 4-year Bachelor of Technology programmes and also remain competitive in the academic front."

“The university continues to experience a reduction in the staff strength mainly due to retirement and resignations. However, the university is unable to recruit qualified and experienced staff to fill the vacancies as a result of our inability to receive appreciable financial clearance”, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ing. Kwadwo Adinkrah-Appiah has said.

He was speaking at the 23rd Matriculation of STU, which took place at the university’s main auditorium in Sunyani.

A total of 1,914 students were matriculated to pursue various programmes leading to the award of degrees and Diploma, with 58.3% of the number being males while the remaining 41.7% were females.

The Vice-Chancellor hoped that the attrition rate at the university will in the near future reduce “to make our staff stay and share their experiences to develop the fledging Technical Universities.”

“We equally hope that government will provide us with adequate financial clearance to enable us employ additional staff to help mount the new 4-year B-Tech programmes”, Prof. Ing. Adinkrah-Appiah stated.

He announced that the university was pursuing an aggressive staff-development for its staff in both local and foreign institutions, adding that this would continue “until every faculty obtains a terminal degree (PhD) in order to remain relevant to the university’s developmental agenda.”

New Programmes

The Sunyani Technical University, the Vice-Chancellor stated, had put in place measures to introduce new programmes to allow applicants to have options.

“In line with this, the university has submitted a number of 4-year B-Tech programmes to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) for accreditation.”

“We hope that, these 4-year B-Tech programmes will be approved to be run in the beginning of the 2019/2020 academic year”

“It is our expectation that the introduction of the 4-year B-Tech programmes will put the university on a level playing field with other universities across the globe to compete for students both locally and internationally.”

Discipline on campus

Prof. Ing. Adinkrah-Appiah pointed out to the students that the university would not hesitate to take the necessary disciplinary action against any student who flouts the rules and regulations of the institution.

“Negative acts such as rebellion to authority or breaking of laid down rules and regulations should not be seen in you, as culprits of such acts will not be spared by the university authorities.”

He reminded them of the laid down procedures for seeking redress to issues or grievances and that “resorting to anti-social ways of resolving students’ grievances would not be entertained…”

Present at the ceremony were the Pro-Vice Chancellor of the university, Dr. Justice Solomon Korantwi-Barimah; the Registrar, Mr. Samuel Ankama Obour and a host of Deans, Heads of Department and other senior members of the university.

(PR Unit)

Spotlight Picture

STU credit union. Old executives handing over to New elected Executive. Mr Obour presenting the mantle of leadership to Mr Amoah Richard as the new chairman of the association.


Staff Development Workshop

22nd January, 2019 ...read more

Arrival and Registration of Course

Second Semester 2019: February 1-8, 2019

First Semester Examination (2018/2019)

26th November – 23rd December, 2018 ...read more

11th Congregation

Saturday, December 15, 2018

2018 Second Semester Resit Examination

15th - 19th October, 2018

Go to top