VACANCY FOR POSITION OF RECTOR
The position of Rector of Sunyani Polytechnic will become vacant on 31st August, 2016. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of Rector, Sunyani Polytechnic.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Polytechnic, and is accountable to the Governing Council as the academic and administrative head of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Polytechnic, and exercises a general authority over both staff and students, subject to the Polytechnic Act, 2007, Act 745, and Statutes of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector provides leadership in achieving the strategic objectives, the vision and mission of the Polytechnic, with the view to promoting academic and professional excellence, in line with the mandate of the Polytechnic education in Ghana.
- The Rector is also responsible for prudent Financial Management and Human Resource Management of the Polytechnic.
The Candidate must:
- be of professorial status and must have PhD/Doctoral degree in the field of Engineering, Manufacturing, Commerce, Applied Sciences and Arts, or Social Science;
- have at least ten (10) years working experience in a Senior Management position in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization;
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff;
- be visionary, result-oriented and able to establish rapport with industry for Academic and Professional advancement of the Polytechnic;
- be of proven integrity and have a drive for sound judgment;
- show capacity for marshalling resources such as grants and funds needed tocarry out the vision of the Polytechnic through creativity and innovation;
- be able to project effectively the image of the Polytechnic both internally and externally; and be able to serve at least four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment will be for four (4) years in the first instance, and may be renewed for a further term of two (2) years only.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are to submit six copies comb bound of the following to the address below:
- An application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae including names, postal and email addresses of three (3) referees; certificates; and
- A three to six paged statement on the applicant’s vision for Sunyani Polytechnic and key strategies for achieving it.
Application should be in sealed envelopes marked ‘FOR POST OF RECTOR’ and submitted by courier to:
Search Committee for Rector
C/O The Registrar
P. O. Box 206
Candidates should request their referees to write directly to the above address under confidential cover. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 30th June, 2016. This advert can also be found on our website www.spoly.edu.gh.