University Closure: (COVID-19)
CLOSURE OF SUNY ANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY AS A RESULT OF CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
Following the directive by the President of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, in a televised national address on Sunday 15th March 2020 to close down all educational institutions in Ghana. the Vice Chancellor of Sunyani Technical University, acting on behalf of the Academic Board, and in consultation with the Chairman of the University Council, brings to the attention of the University Community and the general public the following measures:
- The University is closed down with effect from Monday, 16th March, 2020 until further notice.
- All residential students should make arrangements to vacate their hostels latest by Wednesday, I 8th March, 2020, whilst non-residential students are strongly advised to stay at home until further notice.
- All Academic activities including lectures, conferences, workshops and laboratory works are suspended until further notice. The University Library is also closed down. Meanwhile, the University is working to deploy e-learning tools to facilitate online teaching and learning.
- The University restaurants and cafeteria shall cease operations until further notice.
- All outdoor programmes including sporting activities are also suspended.
- All official international travels are suspended.
- All events scheduled to take place on the University premises are suspended.
- Skeletal staff (to be determined by Management) shall continue to provide essential services up to 2.00 pm on working days with strict adherence to good personal hygiene and social distance protocols, whilst other members of staff shall work from home.
- The University Clinic and the Security Unit shall continue to operate normally.
- The University shall provide hand-washing facilities and sanitizers at vantage points on the Universlly campus .
- Periodic updates shall be communicated to all stakeholders.
We appeal to all stakeholders to adhere strictly to the above measures to ensure safety on the University campus.
For further information, please contact the following numbers: 0246613816 / 0245336661
Office of the Registrar