SPECIAL RE-SIT EXAMINATION FOR FINAL/THIRD YEAR STUDENTS (SECOND SEMESTER, 2016/2017)
It is announced for the information of all Final / Third Year Students of Sunyani Technical University that the Special Re-sit Examination for the Second Semester of the 2016/2017 Academic Year is scheduled to take place from Monday, 18th to Friday, 22nd September, 2017.
Any student who has a referred paper to write should pay a fee of fifty Ghana cedis (GH¢50.00) per paper at the Cash Office of the University and register at his/her Department before Friday, 15th September, 2017.
Arrival and Registration
Arrival and Registration
Fresh and Continuing Students
Pro VC: CONSTRUCTION OF FOOT BRIDGE ACROSS THE SUNYANI-KUMASI HIGHWAY
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Sunyani Technical University, Dr. J. S. Korantwi-Barimah has appealed to the Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, Lawyer Asumah-Cheremeh to as a matter of urgency impress upon the Ghana Highways Authority to construct a foot bridge across the Sunyani-Kumasi highway in front of the University to prevent the frequent knock-down of students when crossing the road to and from the university.
He said the university is concerned about the frequent knock-down of students who attempt crossing the highway, adding that drivers have been ignoring the traffic lights even when it has signaled the stop sign.
VC, Prof KWADWO ADINKRA SPEECH AT THE INAUGURATION OF SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
- To redirect technical/vocational education to train students from the Technical Universities to acquire high level technical skills to drive the country’s economy and national development agenda,
- To contribute to raising the quality and competitiveness of the Ghanaian workforce by providing opportunities for company employees to upgrade their skills and acquire new skills,
- To reduce the admission pressures on the traditional universities,
- To provide academic progression avenue for technical and vocational students,
- To curb the growing phenomenon of academic-type “top-up” programmes for HND graduates from the traditional universities and,
- To provide opportunities for Technical and professional skills development, applied Research and Publication of Research findings.
MIN OF EDUCATION: CONGRATULATION SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY AND GRADUANDS
Mr Chairman, Distinguished Invited Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Technical Universities are meant to position Technical Vocational Education as a driver of economic prospects. Government remain committed to Technical Vocational Education as it will be the bedrock of Government’s one district, one factory initiative. We therefore appeal to all and sundry to support government in this endeavour.
Senior Assistant Registrar (Publications)
The Publications Unit of the polytechnic, a section of the Research and Development Department is headed by Mr. Okyere-Boateng, an Industrial Artist, and a Publishing Expert. His office designs, edits and prints the annual Sunyani Polytechnic Lecture Series, Journal of Polytechnics in Ghana (JOPOG) and Sunyani Polytechnic Newsletter.