ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO DEGREE/HND PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2017/2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from prospective applicants for admission into Degree/HND programmes of the Sunyani Technical University, Sunyani, for the 2017/2018 Academic year.
PROGRAMMES ON OFFER FOR THE 2017/2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
DEGREE, HND, PRE-HND, PROFESSIONAL, DIPLOMA -TECH & ADVANCED, CRAFT/COTVET, PROFICIENCY CERTIFICATES ...
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Bachelor of Technology Applicants - GH¢130.00
- HND Programmes (Direct Applicants) - GH¢120.00
- HND Programmes (Mature) - GH¢130.00
- Access (Pre-HND), Diploma, Technician and Advanced Programmes - GH¢120.00
- Craft programmes and Proficiency Certificates - GH¢80.00
HOW TO APPLY
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to admissions.stu.edu.gh on the internet after you have purchased the Sunyani Technical University admissions documents
- Log onto the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and Pin
- Follow steps on the Online Admissions system to complete your application
- A printed copy of your completed online application must be enclosed in your envelope before posting together with photocopies of Certificates or Results slips to be returned to: The Registrar, Sunyani Technical University, P. O. Box 206, Sunyani
For general enquiries contact the Deputy Registrar in-charge of Academic and Admissions on 0352023278/0352027052 or 0264485858
VC, Prof KWADWO ADINKRA SPEECH AT THE INAUGURATION OF SUNYNANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
"... Rationale behind the conversion of Polytechnics into Technical Universities by the government..."
- To redirect technical/vocational education to train students from the Technical Universities to acquire high level technical skills to drive the country’s economy and national development agenda,
- To contribute to raising the quality and competitiveness of the Ghanaian workforce by providing opportunities for company employees to upgrade their skills and acquire new skills,
- To reduce the admission pressures on the traditional universities,
- To provide academic progression avenue for technical and vocational students,
- To curb the growing phenomenon of academic-type “top-up” programmes for HND graduates from the traditional universities and,
- To provide opportunities for Technical and professional skills development, applied Research and Publication of Research findings.
MIN OF EDUCATION: CONGRATULATION SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY AND GRADUANDS
"To our graduands...We entreat you to be abreast with governance issues and to position yourselves adequately to support your community and the country when called upon...."
Mr Chairman, Distinguished Invited Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Technical Universities are meant to position Technical Vocational Education as a driver of economic prospects. Government remain committed to Technical Vocational Education as it will be the bedrock of Government’s one district, one factory initiative. We therefore appeal to all and sundry to support government in this endeavour.
Government also wish to reiterate the need to ensure that the campuses provides the right atmosphere to promote academic work. We therefore urge all stakeholders on campus to partner the Management of the Institutions effectively to ensure the realization of this feat.
The gap between academia and industry/the world of work remain an issue of public interest. Government would therefore do its best possible to engage industry to foster the right partnership to create jobs for our teaming youth and graduates.